Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Daunting Task

Designing Your Web Site for Instructional Effectiveness and Completeness: First Steps By Albert Ingram and Lesley Hathorn. I wrote my website proposal and have the green light to go ahead.

Focus: Using web 2.0 tools in the classroom

Audience: Teachers

So after reading the above article I decided that I would reflect here as to keep my focus on the next step of desingn.

First I have to keep the characteristics of my learners in mind. How do the read and process on the computer/internet and How do beginners navigate through complex materials.

An important fact was to break down information into smaller chunks--always important in anything that I do with students. Each web page should stand on it's own and write short pages with one or two main points.

There are 3 major functions of web pages
1. Present information
2. Offer interaction
3. Provide connections to information and interactions elsewhere on the web

Okay so the information that most rang true to me from this article, "Producing one's first instructional website can be a daunting prospect for many people..." This is where I am for sure!!!!!

Off to write up a table using the information in this article! Karen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment